TCFT's First Visit to Brussels
AS PART OF AN ONGOING EFFORT TO BRIDGE the gap between YOUNG PEOPLE WITH THOSE WHO REPRESENT THEM, TCFT ORGANISED ITS FIRST EVER GROUP VISIT TO BRUSSELS.
In a three-day visit, young people from across Dorset and London met with MEPs, cultural organisations, advocacy groups and artists from across Europe. The aim of the visit was for participants to not only meet the individuals and organisations representing them in advocating for stronger policies protecting funding and institutional support for the Arts and youth mobility exchanges, but to encourage discussions about our role in encouraging active civic participation through creative means in our own - communities.
OUR BRUSSELS ITINERARY
◦ Dinner with artists and friends of TCFT
◦ Visiting BOZAR Centre for Fine Arts
◦ Discussion on Cultural Policies with Culture Action Europe
◦ Presentation on Crisis Classroom by Darren Abrahams at the European Parliament
◦ Poetry Night & Dinner at Pianofabriek (joined by friends from organisations and networks across Brussels to celebrate the World Day of Social Justice)
◦ Visiting the European Parliament’s Hemicycle, hosted by Clare Moody (MEP for South West England & Gibraltar)
Special thanks to Natalie Giorgadze from Culture Action Europe, Alain Ruche, Nigel Clarke, Philip Meersman from Pianofabriek, Clare Moody & Jay Wilcox, Julie Ward & Amy McDonnell, Vesna Puric, Naomi Mabita, Darren Abrahams, Rosie Russell, Tina Ellen Lee and Rory Newbery for making these three days possible.